Getting rid of fedora.redhat.com

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Sun Mar 4 19:13:36 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> folks. I would prefer that we treat f.r.c/docs as a exception and
> redirect all the other pages to equivalent fedoraproject.org wiki pages
> or just the home page asap or deal with the docs content move later.

Last time we hastily moved f.r.c to point to fedoraproject.org I believe
some things broke (and not necessarily just due to load issues).  I may
be recalling things incorrectly though or perhaps those issues have been
resolved since then.  This happened at the Core 6 release and those few
days were pretty crazy.

In either case, I think such a move requires just a little more thought
than just swinging f.r.c. to point to fedoraproject.org.  Rather than
moving things and seeing what breaks, perhaps we could see the f.r.c web
logs and see what people are hitting and then determine the exact
ramifications of such a move.  Perhaps it will be an easy move this time
- but at least with a little due diligence up front there are no (well,
fewer ;)  ) surprises.

--Jeffrey