Alpha Core 3 is available

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 16:42:08 UTC 2007

Oliver Falk wrote:
> Am 2007-03-05 20:52, Oliver Falk schrieb:
>> Sergey Tikhonov schrieb:
> [ ... ]
>>> Thanks to RedHat who accept patches for Alpha.
>
> Hm. They do? Great. However. When core is opened for everyone, I hope
> that AC folks will join the community and get (write) access to glibc,
> xorg, ... If all alpha-specific things get %ifarch-ed, it shouldn't
> interfere with anything.
>
> To have all alpha specific patches in the fedora repository would be
> great. Maybe RH/FI (Fedora Infrastructure) is able to add
> alpha-builders  to their infrastructure!? That's why I added them CC: :-)
>
> At least from plague I know it's possible to add passive builders to
> the list. This means *we* (people who own (spare) alpha machines)) can
> install machines with plague or whatever it will be named then,
> available to the FI team for building.
>
> I also guess it will not be too hard to add the idea of passive
> builders to the new koji (if it hasn't been coded yet). And well. If
> something doesn't build on alpha, it - of course - shouldn't break the
> 'normal' cycle (i386, x86_64, ppc(?))...
>
> For me questionable points are: Do we also want extras? Or only core?
> Will Red Hat support this idea? Will Fedora Board/Fedora
> Infrastructure support this idea?
>
> Who votes? Maybe Fedora Board?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-March/msg00012.html

We've been discussing secondary arches for a while.  We've finally made
a decision to help host it but we don't have the facilities to host
builders (yet).  Truth be told I don't think we can even host the
secondary arches yet.  Their estimates are for 150-200G per arch over
the next 6 months and unfortunately we just don't have that kind of
storage available.  With 3 arch's, alpha, sparc and ia64 thats
450G-600G.  Something is on the table though and we hope to have
secondary archs soon.

    -Mike