FAS Frontpage: Confusion Reduction

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 20:23:45 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> I was just attempt to walk through a RH engineer through the FAS
> account creation process.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
> This page is confusing to a new visitor because the action links on
> the left and right distract from the important stuff in the center.
>
> In the long-term, we need to put some thought into improving the user
> interface experience across the entire infrastructure.
Mizmo has been working with the group on this for weeks already.
> But in the short-term, this page would be less confusing if the side
> bars were just removed.  That way nothing distracts from the center
> content.  This should be a simple change to the CSS.
>
> Mike, could you take care of this quick change?
I can take a look unless someone else wants to do it.  I'm hesitant to
make changes to the current system since the new one is on the way, even
though this is a small change.
Probably in http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/web/?root=fedora or
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/accounts/?root=fedora
> Where is this in production?