Metrics: Ideas of Data Sources

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 12:02:00 UTC 2007

Jason Taylor wrote:
> This is somewhat divergent from what Warren was talking about but do we
> monitor network traffic and/or hardware utilization? I have used MRTG in
> the past for this type of thing and it was rather handy.

Yes we do, we're using cacti.  This and the stuff warren is talking
about are both things I'd like to add to a fedora noc I'd like to work
on (or have someone work on)  I have already built a few things in
turbogears including an ajax powered load monitor for all the hosts.  My
big issue has been time.  The cacti instance is private but the noc
would allow specific graphs to be shown to the general public.

    -Mike