Calendaring system?

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Sat Feb 7 02:04:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 15:56 -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Simon Birtwistle <simon at zikula.org> wrote:
> > One Zikula calendar module has a variety of feeds (see http://code.zikula.org/crpcalendar/attachment/wiki/screenshots/list.png) or http://jami.cremonapalloza.org/index.php?module=crpCalendar for a live demo.  It might need some template modifications for display, but you could allow users to submit events and so on by logging in with their FAS ID.  However, I am sure there are better standalone solutions out there, if you're happy to maintain a separate tool.

Clint,
I see it a little different.  Why support ANOTHER piece of software when
the software we already have will work.  We wouldn't be using the CMS
just for calendaring...  We'd be using the CMS for everything and it has
a calendar function.

All that being said, I don't know if Zikula can do what we want it to do
for a calendar solution.

Eric