Calendaring system?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Feb 9 19:36:27 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, guys. Uh, quick intro for those who see the redhat.com and wonder
> who I am - I'm Adam Williamson. I'm new in the Fedora QA department here
> at RH, my job is to drive community involvement in Fedora QA. I came
> over from Mandriva where I was the community manager. I'll be working
> from my home in Vancouver, Canada.
>
> I'm new on the list so this may have come up before, in which case
> apologies :). Something I thought would be nice to have for QA community
> is a public calendar system where dates of events like test days can be
> published. Obviously it's silly for me personally or the QA team to take
> on the job of hosting a calendar server, but it was suggested that it
> would be a good project for the infrastructure team, and other groups
> within Fedora could probably benefit from it. Does it sound like a good
> idea? Anyone want to have a go? Or is there something already, that I
> don't know about? Thanks!

I've not seen anything in this thread yet, so it may have been mentioned
before;

MediaWiki has a couple of calendering plugins that will allow "days" to
be allocated; I looked into this for our meeting schedule but since none
of them include any times for appointments I found it to be useless.
Nonetheless, it could be worthwhile for allocating "Test days" and
"Events" -and things of the sort.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip