svn-to-git mirroring

I've been lurking here for some time, and have seen
some recent opportunities to help make a difference,
so have just applied for membership to the sysadmin group.
For example, Fabio Di Nitto and I would like to set up
an svn-to-git mirror for a project on fedorahosted.

While I set up and maintain git.et.redhat.com, it's not open for ssh
access to people outside of Red Hat, so it's rather limited.