Please test our new calendering solutions.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 17:55:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 08:54 -0600, Clint Savage wrote:

> Yeah, I completely agree.  This is of great interest to me because I
> can see great opportunities for many types of networks and such.  One
> application that was brought up that I like, although it's more than
> just a caldav/web interface.  That application in Zimbra.  I
> understand it to be exactly what we want with the exception of the
> mail component.  Maybe there's a way to rip that out (or not set it
> up).  Also, the licensing may be an issue, but I don't know much about
> that off-hand.

FWIW, Zimbra is what Red Hat uses internally. It does, indeed, have
functional CalDAV support.

>From what I've heard it was a bit of a big effort to get implemented,
though. It's a fairly big project. It may be subject to the same
objections I made to Citadel - it's overkill for a pure calendaring
system, and the extra functions aren't necessarily something that add
any value if provided by the Fedora project.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey