Re: Should we just build the pcspkr driver into the X86 kernels?

Bill Nottingham (notting redhat com) said:
> > I think it should be added to /etc/sysconfig/modules
>
> Has any one actually diagnosed how it got loaded before, and why
> that stopped working?

So, try the following:

On an old working box -
 - in one terminal, run udevmonitor --env --kernel
 - in the other, run 'udevtriger --verbose --subsystem-match=platform'

You'll see an event (among others) for /devices/platform/pcspkr

On a new, non working box, do the same. You won't see the event for pcspkr.
However, /sys/devices/platform/pcspkr is still there, with the same
setup.

Ergo, the kernel is broken, and that's where the fix should be.

Bill