Preparing 7.2 and 7.3 now...

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Thu Jan 1 12:17:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 01:31:59AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

Hi,

> After I am done copying packages into the repository, there is only one
> thing blocking the launch of Legacy for RH7.2 and RH7.3:  We need
> maintainers for apt and/or yum clients for these older distributions.
> You must submit your packages to fedora.us QA just like any other
> package currently in the QA queue.  Use keywords like "rh72, QA,
> stable".  It seems that we agreed to NOT upgrade RPM for RH7.x, so apt
> and yum-1.x are what we will be using.
I guess most people running with RH 7.x are using apt-rpm from Matthias
freshrpms package pool. People who like to be state of the art are using
their own packages (like I do, ok a hand full of other people are using
my packages aswell but that doesn't count ;).
So if someone is interessted he can take look at my last apt-rpm rpms [1]
They're working on my (last) RH 7.3 systems in conjunction with apticron
to sent me mails abaut pending package upgrades.

> clients.  Damn I need to install that old distro...
*hrhr* If they were that f*cking old there wouldn't be a discussion about
EOL support ;)

Happy new year,
Sven

[1] http://wrack.telelev.net/redhat/7.3/RPMS.main/
--
Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,