Preparing 7.2 and 7.3 now...

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Jan 2 11:45:06 UTC 2004

Andy Henson wrote:
> It would be useful to have yum for 7.3 in the stable or legacy channel as
> soon as possible.  It's really a prerequisite for using these channels
> seriously.
>
> Neither yum nor apt is currently in the
> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/7.3/i386/ tree.
>
> Also, I notice there's no header.info in the repositories, which yum needs.
> Are we supposed to be using yum for 7.3 legacy updates?

There IS the headers directory that contains .hdr files and headers.info
for the "os" and "updates" channel.  Currently both RH7.2 and RH7.3 are
populated, and yum + apt enabled.

We need people to work on and submit apt and yum packages for RH7.2 and
RH7.3 to fedora.us QA as specified here:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy

Until people do so, your only choice is to get apt or yum from
FreshRPMS.net, and reconfigure it to use Fedora Legacy.

http://www.fedora.us/pipermail/fedora-announce/2004-January/000005.html
Please excuse me if the sites go down late Friday because I am dealing
with a crisis here.  The University only informs me tonght that the
power will be out from late Friday until Monday.  I am currently
scrambling to get download.fedora.us moved to another server off campus
and as much of the other infrastructure on different servers as possible.