Fedora Legacy Launch Plan (draft 2)

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri Jan 2 21:09:43 UTC 2004

> > Ok, I can understand that. But instead of legacy, why not flrh7.3,
> > flrh8.0, flrh9?
>
> I really have no overall opinion about how they are marked, as long as
> they are marked in some way.  But I don't think flrh is a very good
> mark.  It took me about 3 times reading it through wondering why you
> would want to mark it "Fermi Linux Red Hat".
>
> flrh (besides being very vague) is really only 2 letters shorter.

Size isn't the issue to me. Make it as big as you want it. Keep .legacy in
there, it doesn't matter. I'd just like to know by looking at the filename
that package XYZ is meant for RH 9 and not RH 7.3 or whatever.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.