Unneeded assertions (supposed to have been: RPM upgrade discussion)

Wade Maxfield maxfield at one.ctelcom.net
Sun Jan 4 14:08:50 UTC 2004

    I found that rh80 required the upgrade from the rpm.org website. I did
not change the version of rpm, just the patch level.   "RPM Hangs" do not
occur any more.

    When the RPM Hang occurs under RH80, it leaves three __db* files in a
directory under /var

    If these files are removed and then the rpm database rebuilt, even the
standard RH80 rpm can be used a few more times before it hangs again.

bug