Primary Legacy distribution (was: Re: apt/yum configuration?)

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 5 16:38:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:59:23AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > Well, you're right, but in order to have all the Legacy packages mirrored
> > for the various supported distributions, and without mirroring all the
> > other fedora.us packages, things won't be as easy as they could be.
> >
> > >From what I had understood initially, many people (including me) expected a
> > clean and simple way to fetch the packages and merge them with (or include
> > them alongside) the no-longer-updated official updates, and unless I'm
> > mistaken, it's unfortunately not currently the case.
>
> I'm confused again. Can't you just rsync:
>
> download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/*/i386/RPMS.legacy/

RPMS.legacy will contain only auto-updating tools and their
requirements related to Fedora Legacy, such as a newer RPM for RHL 8.0
and 9, apt and yum.

RPMS.updates contains all existing RHL updates + future Fedora Legacy
updates packages.