Update Announcement Format discussion

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jan 12 07:31:58 UTC 2004

> > An incremental update id would be a good idea. That separates the
> > concept of an Update announcement and a bugzilla bug. It also helps
> > one keep track of missed announcements.
>
> Would anybody be willing to develop a system for this?  Something held
> in mysql or pgsql; that has the fields and whatnot?  We can use to keep
> track of the updates and such, and avoid update ID collision?

Sounds like fun, but what do you mean by "system"? Are you talking about a
system that lets us automagically generate and archive update
announcements? I think we could get something put together pretty easily.
Let's hash out some req's and I'll see what I can put together.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.