Update Announcement Format discussion

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jan 12 07:39:31 UTC 2004

> > Would anybody be willing to develop a system for this?  Something held
> > in mysql or pgsql; that has the fields and whatnot?  We can use to
> > keep track of the updates and such, and avoid update ID collision?
>
> I will say it again, I think it is foolish to discuss something like
> this when there is so little working going into the actual packages.

What we take care of now, we'll spend less time organizing later.

> (Don't mind me, I'm still angry at software RAID.  Long story...)

Maybe we can share stories... FWIW: I'm interested in hearing your
SoftRAID story if you have the time.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.