Media Inquiry - About the Red Hat Linux 7.x and 8.0 end of life notification mailed to RHN subscribers yesterday

Sean Kerner sean at resultsoverhead.com
Thu Jan 15 16:49:50 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm a RedHat 7.3 user - and a freelance techjournalist.
I'm writing a story today about the official EOL sent to RedHat Subscribers.
Just curious for some comments from Fedora Legacy project members and
community about this official EOL.

Can anyone tell me how many RHN users were mailed this notice?
How many have 'converted'/ migrated their RHN up2date client to Fedora
Legacy?
and btw, How does an existing 7.x/8 RHN user convert up2date to use Fedora
Legacy?
Is someone that is running 7.x/8 without Errata support safe today?
Is Fedora Legacy 'ready' in this post EOL era?

thnx for any and all replies!