Getting started with documentation

Jonas Pasche mail at jonaspasche.de
Fri Jan 16 19:05:36 UTC 2004

Hi Jesse,

> I think a private version held on your site that is reviewed by a select
> few would be good.  For now you can run things through me and Eric.
> Right now Eric is the main web developer for this project.

I already posted a link to my FAQ entries; in general I will pre-publish
documentation updates here:

http://jonaspasche.de/fedoralegacy/

I'll try to write down detailed instructions for end users over the
weekend and publish them there for a review.

> This list is read-only and it's where update announcements will be
> posted.

Great, that has been a missing link!

> Correct.  Warren posted his package submission steps a while ago, I
> provided feedback on how they should be modified to be Legacy specific.
> It's in this mailing list's archives. Perhaps grabbing his process,
> applying my changes, and making it static content on our
> fedoralegacy.org website would be best.

I'd be glad if somebody that is actively involved in this process could
quickly threw the most important things toghether and post them here or
send them by private mail to, as I don't know where to start here. I'm
going to transform it into publishable document, polishing it, and -
most important, I guess - review it from the perspective of somebody who
has never submitted any packages before, but wants to learn and help.

> Agreeable.  Specific tasks with shortened steps would be best in this
> case.  While fedora.us has a great deal of information, it is rather
> difficult to digest.  Breaking it into manageable chunks for
> individuals to do individual tasks would be best for our website.

Okay, I'll do the end user's section first.

For the developer's section, I kindly ask for help to have a start, as
said above.

Alternatively, I'll start working on the "Who we need, and what people
should do to help us" section, whatever comes first.

Jonas