Legacy mirror structure

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Jan 19 16:33:13 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote :

> My concern is that the same SRPMS are used for all arches.  Its not a
> concern when dealing with JUST i386, but starting with fedora core 1,
> we'll have x86_64 to deal with, and possibly ppc in the future.  Instead
> of duplicating all the SRPMS across all the arches, I chose to maintain a
> single SRPM directory, above the basearch.

Indeed, silly me. Then wouldn't using the same layout as Red Hat is
currently using for FC development be best? It's having "SRPMS" and all
arch directories beside each other in the version or component directory.

[...]/redhat/$releasever/{updates,..}/{SRPMS,i386,ia64,..}/{headers/,*.rpm}

> I wish to use something close to that, but maintain my SRPM links for
> multiarch space concerns.

Wit the above, you don't really need any kind of symlink, although for
Fedora Core, Red Hat has create one within all $basearch which points to
../SRPMS IIRC.

At a quick glance, this conforms to Warren's recommendations, as long as
the base ftp/rsync directory/module name is "fedoralegacy". I'm also all
for using the "legacy-addons" name for the legacy-specific additional
packages, as we've already seen confusion on the list as to where the
"legacy updates" packages were actually located.

http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/<mod>/SRPMS/headers
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/<mod>/SRPMS/*.rpm
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/<mod>/$basearch/headers
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/<mod>/$basearch/*.rpm

With "<mod>" in : base, updates, testing-updates, legacy-addons
The headers in SRPMS could probably be omitted to not increase even more
the number of files to consider for each mirror rsync run, as they are not
useful or used AFAIK.

Oh, another concern : Is there any plan to include any debuginfo packages?
It could then be something like this? :
[...]/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch/debug/{headers/,*.rpm}

But the headers for the non-debug packages would then contain the debug
ones too...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2154.nptl
Load : 0.06 0.13 0.15