State of Fedora Legacy

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jan 23 23:37:25 UTC 2004

Hello all!

With the release of our first update, I thought I'd take a moment to
speak(!!) to all of you.

First off, Thank you EVER so much for all the support you've given this
project, and all the help that you've given to get us to the point we
are now.  This project really couldn't have gone anywhere without the
community, and it's very heartwarming to see the community come
through.

In a short amount of time we got a LOT of work done.  We have a
wonderful website, thanks to the hard work of Eric Rostetter, with
other contributors as well.  We have a functioning bugzilla system
thanks to Warren and the Fedora.us folks.  We have Mailing lists thanks
to Red Hat folks, a master mirror layout, complete with yum and apt
support thanks to Legacy folk's input, and the input from external
resources, and now we have packages published, and waiting for final
verification to be published, thanks to the hardwork of many of you.

As we look forward, I'd like to direct attention at creating some good
documentation content, building upon and clarifying a lot of what
exists for fedora.us, but made specific and clear for Fedora Legacy.
We have lots of verification to do, for the packages in
updates-testing.  As soon as we can verify those, they can be published
as well.  We need people to continue to report security notices to this
list, so that we can evaluate the exposure of our supported releases.
And we need people to spread the word, that the Fedora Legacy project
is alive, is kicking, and is not going AWAY!

So in closing, keep up the good work, and spread the news, we are ALIVE!
Thank you EVERYBODY!

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: