-testing timeout

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 21:27:33 UTC 2004

Todd said:

> One thing I'd be wary of with pushing an update from testing just
> based on a timeout is how we'd know if anyone had bothered using it.
> I don't make use of ethereal on a regular basis, so just because I've
> updated my systems against updates-testing doesn't mean I've even
> picked up ethereal, let alone tested it at all.

How does this weigh against a package not getting released for months and
a new worm appearing that exploits it?

I think either there needs to be "assigned" people to test and report (not
very workable), or the assumption that if someone hasn't spoke up before
the timeout that it must be OK.

--
William Hooper