Fixed Kernel?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Mar 2 01:16:24 UTC 2004

Note that just "running" a kernel usually wont expose less obvious
problems.  You folks testing the update-testing kernel should run stress
tests that cause CPU/disk/RAM to be heavily saturated.  If it swaps
heavily that is a good test.

bonnie++ is a good test for disk I/O and filesystem stability.

Jesse has a package that runs a whole bunch of stress tests and managed
to raise the temperature in my room 10 degrees F.  Jesse perhaps you
should publish that package here?  Does it work on RH7.x and RH8?

Warren