Yum update problems - slightly maybe off topic

Seth Shoemaker sshoemaker at perfectorder.com
Mon Mar 8 16:34:47 UTC 2004

It seems that when yum updates certain programs (such as mysql) that it
stops them, to upgrade them, but never starts them back up.  Is this a
configuration problem, or just something that I need to watch for in the
future?  The main problem I have with this is that if I set my machines
to auto update using yum and it stops programs such as mysql that I need
to have running all of the time, this is a bad thing!

Thanks.

Seth Shoemaker

---