Kernel updates for QA

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Thu May 13 13:49:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:25:50PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> The thing is that if you have an nforce2 mobo then depending on
> your BIOS you may not notice anything amiss or you may get assorted
> crashes, data corruption, etc.  If you do not have such board then
> you are not affected at all - patched or not patched. Personally
> I am falling in the later category.
>
> This fix is indeed a few days old but only now the information
> on which it is based become available.

In the absence of any further comment I've included the patch from
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/diffs/arch/i386/kernel/pci-pc.c@1.36?nav=index.html|src/|src/arch|src/arch/i386|src/arch/i386/kernel|hist/arch/i386/kernel/pci-pc.c
and am rebuilding the packages for further testing. If anyone thinks
that we definitely shouldn't be putting this fix in please speak now!

Cheers,

Dominic.