Re: Troubleshooting yum and redhat 8.0

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:15:08PM -0700, Eucke Warren wrote:
> Does it appear that my glibc needs updating?  Or am I starting to run into
> the wall for RH8?  For what it's worth...if I can successfully get to the
> end of this I'd be happy to do a write up on it if that would be of some
> help!

What output (if any) do you get if you run the following command?
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_verify /var/lib/rpm/Packages

What happens if you do the following:

cp -a /var/lib/rpm /var/lib/rpm.backup
rpm --rebuilddb

then try again? (The cp command is to back up the RPM database in case
something *really* goes wrong.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn pobox com>