apt or yum?

Are there any arguments for which of these to chose?
As I understand it, yum has been chosen as 'the official'
up2date-replacement for Fedora Legacy (and Fedora Core), is that
correct?
Are the yum and apt repositories updated at the same time, or is one the
'master' so the other might lag behind?

Personally, I like apt better for its speed but I feel that I don't
really know if yum has any technical advantages.

Could anybody shed any light on this?

	Sincerely,
	Markus Hakansson