RH9 user - what should I do?

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu May 13 17:16:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:05:51 -0500, Mike Vanecek wrote:

> >   baseurl=http://legacy.linux.duke.edu/redhat/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
>
> What is the best baseurl to use for
>
> [redhat-os]
> name=Red Hat Linux $releasever ($basearch)
> baseurl= ?
>
> I want to keep the base os as RH 9, not Fedora. Is there a yum repository for
> the base RH 9?

For instance, this mirror: http://legacy.linux.duke.edu/redhat/9/

  baseurl=http://legacy.linux.duke.edu/redhat/$releasever/os/$basearch/

I think you misunderstand a few things about Fedora Legacy, Fedora Core
and Fedora.us.  The default baseurl in fedora.us' yum package points to
a plain mirror of Red Hat Linux 9 (just that it is located on Hawaii,
and you should find a more nearby one, unless you are located on Hawaii,
too).