Problem with GPG Key

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 19 04:39:40 UTC 2004

Quoting Peter Fleck <fleck004 at umn.edu>:

> But when I try to use yum to update a package, it still says:
>
> Error: GPG Signature check failed for
> /var/cache/yum/updates/packages/cvs-1.11.1p1-9.7.legacy.i386.rpm
> You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
>   /var/cache/yum/updates/packages/cvs-1.11.1p1-9.7.legacy.i386.rpm
> You may also want to check to make sure you have the right gpg keys
> Exiting.

Did you try removing the file as stated, and run it again?

I only see this error when:

* The FL key isn't imported correctly

* The file is corrupted (happened a lot when the bandwidth limit was in
   effect on download.fedoralegacy.org, could also be something like out
   of disk space, etc)

In the first case, importing the key fixed it.  In the second case,
removing the file and trying again until I get a good download fixed
it.

> Any idea on what to try next?

No ideas other than the above.  I've seen this many times, but installing the
key and/or removing the bad file and retrying (sometimes a few times) always
fixed it for me.

--
Eric Rostetter