Re: State of 7.2/8.0 in Fedora Legacy

> I've personally got a Redhat 7.1 box and a Redhat 8 box both of which I've
> considered upgrading, however I'm very skeptical about doing it for fear of
> it stuffing up. (these boxen are in production!) :)
> How well does the upgrade happen? does it keep config files and so forth?

*nods* Obviously you SHOULD do a full system backup but yes. The Redhat
RPMs use the NoConfigReplace tag to avoid overwriting machine specific
configs.

My experience is that they are flawless. I've even done a jump from
RH7.1 -> RH9 and only had to work for about 2hrs to get all the services
up and running (Apache jump from 1.3 -> 2 was the main problem).

Stuart