Re: State of 7.2/8.0 in Fedora Legacy

Michael Kratz wrote:
Likewise, I agree with the proposal. Personally, I've upgraded any RH7.1
-> 7.2 machines through to 7.3. That process itself is fairly painless
and 7.3 & 9 are the most supported legacy distros.

As for RH8.. :) Why anyone would run it is beyond me and upgrading to
RH9 is painless too (even remotely). :)

I've personally got a Redhat 7.1 box and a Redhat 8 box both of which I've
considered upgrading, however I'm very skeptical about doing it for fear of
it stuffing up. (these boxen are in production!) :)

How well does the upgrade happen? does it keep config files and so forth?

I'd be very confident of a 7.1 -> 7.3 upgrade going without problems. Not so sure of a 7.1 -> 9 (will need some config work), and somewhere in between for an 8 -> 9 (I never put any RH8 into production, and have no real experience).

Yours,

John