State of 7.2/8.0 in Fedora Legacy

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Thu May 20 15:47:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:31:21AM -0700, Barry K. Nathan wrote:
> However, I can't justify spending time on build or QA work for RHL
> 8.0 until I find a box that absolutely cannot be upgraded -- if such a
> box even exists -- so if there aren't many other people who need 8.0 for
> glibc-related reasons, then I have no problem with 8.0 being dropped.

(Sorry about replying to myself)

Ugh, I just realized I forgot about the Progeny service. So, even if FL
drops 8.0, Progeny is still there for anyone who *really* needs it for
some mission-critical reason. Given how limited the FL resources are,
dropping 8.0 might be a really good idea.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>