Re: How To Upgrade 7.1 to 7.3 via yum

OK, web page works, been tested on fresh 7.1 machine.
Please send me any problems, but I'm not here for the rest of the weekend. :)
Troy

Troy Dawson wrote:
Doug Koobs wrote:

I finolly found a pure RedHat 7.1 installation (instead of a Fermi Linux one) so I'm running through the steps right now.

Troy

Thanks Troy! I think I'll wait till I hear back from you before I proceed.
Doug

Hi Doug,
I'm still working on the web page. It does currently have a link to a working yum.conf. It is essentially what you said, but it also has the exclude=kernel commented out, cuz you really do want to upgrade the kernel.

There are a couple of things you need to double check. Make sure you have at least the 4.0.4 version of rpm, and you have to have the popt and the glibc that goes along with them.

Make sure you have up2date uninstalled.

Also make sure you don't have any 2.4.2 or 2.4.3 RedHat kernels installed.

Beyond those things, my upgrade went quite well.

I've got to re-install a machine and try the script I'm working on, so the web page might take a little bit longer to finish.

Troy

-- __________________________________________________ Troy Dawson dawson fnal gov (630)840-6468 Fermilab ComputingDivision/CSS CSI Group __________________________________________________