installing yum

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 1 03:24:02 UTC 2004

Quoting David Anthrope <David at DAnthrope.com>:

> I have an RH9 system that I want to configure to use yum
> (which I want to auto-update my system with Fedora Legacy's updates).
>
> I am reading intently, beginning with the setup How-To at
> http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh9.php

So far, so good.

> Unfortunately my system is responding with the following error:
>
> Retrieving
> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1
> .rh90.noarch.rpm
> error: skipping
> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1
> .rh90.noarch.rpm - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error

For what ever reason(s) download.fedora.us is currently down.  My only
suggestions are to either wait until it comes up, or try to find a mirror
site for it.

> I tried to poke around and find the package manually but to no avail.
>
> Can some kind soul PLEASE point me to the proper place?

Sorry, I don't know any mirrors off hand.  Best I can offer is to wait
until the site comes back up, or until Fedora Legacy releases a FL version.

> Regards,
> --
> David Anthrope
> mailto://David@DAnthrope.com