-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-legacy-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-legacy-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jesse
Keating
Sent: 01 July 2005 07:23 PM
To: fedora-legacy-list redhat com
Subject: Re: security of a new redhat 7.3 install

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 19:00 +0200, yon rosenthal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm guessing that this question has already been asked and answered,
> but
> could not find it in the archives.
>
> I need to setup a new redhat 7.3 box - if I run yum as instructed on
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh7x.php will all the necessary
> security patches be applied? I'm concerned that you need to have been
> running the Red Hat Update agent for the period that it was available.

We archived all the Red Hat provided updates, so using our mirror and
making sure the updates repository is enabled, you will be updated with
as much as we have done.  We have a longer lead time on security updates
so there is a possibility that you could still be vulnerable.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: