RH7.3 system, gzip updated last night, now amanda fails

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 25 01:28:25 UTC 2005

On Sunday 24 July 2005 19:20, Jesse Keating wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 18:08 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> when the backup profile does NOT call for gzip to be used...  The
>> compressed entries in the disklist were done ok.
>>
>> Anybody have an idea why?
>
>Hrm, there shouldn't have been any API changes...  If you rebuild
> amanda vs the new zlib-devel, will it work then?

I can, the srcs are there, or I can move them over and have version
matching till the next amanda snapshot comes out, but the puzzle is
why the non-compressed backups failed, while the compressed ones
worked.  Non-compressed tells me gzip isn't a factor.  And, to top it
off, the normal printout of results amanda does for me, didn't print
until I investigated after getting an email from amcheck that there
appeared to be another instance of amdump running, or I needed to run
amcleanup.  Since amdump, nor any of its slaves were running, I ran
the cleanup script, and then got the printout and the email telling
me what had failed.

Me confused, and goes off to wait till tonights run & see if it
repeats.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)