updated 'tree' on download.fedoralegacy.org

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Tue Mar 1 10:59:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 12:57 +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> > It seems that the file http://download.fedoralegacy.org/tree has not
> > been updated since the start of December or so.
> >
> > This was probably due to the server move/crash.
> >
> > Could this be re-added to cron (e.g., a daily or weekly run) -- the
> > file is very useful for me to check which versions which RHL/FC
> > versions have of a particular package..
> >

> oh, whoops!  That file was a test run to see if people liked the
> generated output.  Given that it doesn't use full paths, none of the
> packages are 'clickable' and some people didn't like that.  I'll re-add
> this to my to-do list of generating this file in an automated way w/
> clickable files.

Jesse -- Why not make this file a simple ls-lR file?  Then you can gzip or
bzip2 it and it will likely use no more than 300-400kB.  And it makes it
much more usable to people who use the Virtual Filesystem of the Midnight
Commander.  Programming an "ls -lR" in a cron script is simple!  :-)

Speaking of Midnight Commander, there are packages out there in Bugzilla
2405 awaiting QA (hint, hint).  :-)  We need publish votes for FC1, RH9
and RH7.3.

		-David