[FLSA-2005:2336] Updated kernel packages fix security issues

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Mar 2 20:05:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 14:08 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> At the risk of sounding like an absolute ass....  your personal email
> is
> the only way that you can communicate?  If so, then FL needs to
> dedicate
> an alternate leader to take over every time your personal email heads
> south.  Seriously, did you not think that gmail, yahoo, or any other
> free email provider would work?  What about asking someone on IRC to
> post an update?  Clearly, as I saw it, the people on the mailinglist
> were left high and dry to sort it out themselves.  Shame on FL.

Oh, I communicated in the IRC channel, to the builders, and anybody that
happened along.  I had assumed that if any questions came up on the list
during the time I couldn't easily check w/ my mail client that answers
would have been made.  No, I didn't take the time to read through the
web archives, I was busy fighting with Verio and the like to get my shit
taken care of, as well as trying to handle my day job.

I was available through IRC, I was available through my work email, I
was available through my work phone, if you were really concerned you
could have called.  Instead of spending effort to say that we're down
and working on it (people already KNEW we were down, and people DID know
I was working on it), I chose instead to WORK on it.

Now I've spent even MORE effort trying to stay calm and answer your
statements, when instead I could have been doing something far more
constructive, like spearheading our migration over to Red Hat's bugzilla
system, fixing some build scripts, allocating our x86_64 build system,
discussing our CVS commit access for FC trees etc...  Are you done now?
Can I go back to doing things that matter?

Was I helpful?  Let others know: