how to get started with helping the project [...]

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 16:23:09 UTC 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 10:16 -0500, Marcus Lauer wrote:
>

>>        I think that's why Mr. Rostetter suggested that you make a
>>list.  The "discussion" was such a mess that maybe a nice clear list of
>>what you'd like to see done would help.
>>

>OK, good point.  I have been overly critical, and a lot of that is
>directed towards what appears to me to be apathy, so shame on me for not
>being more detailed.  I will take the task of trying to define a
>structure and associated responsibilities list.  This may take a few
>days, but the weekend is coming up.  Everyone please feel free to pass
>on your opinions on what you think is needed or what isn't needed and I
>will try to release a plan over the weekend.
>
>-Jim P.
>
>--

This from a newbie and another lurker who has not made a single
contribution to FL.

I suggest that you think in terms of working up a sturcture and
associated responsibilities list PROPOSAL rahter than  a definition.

Speaking bluntly, reading all of the exchanges on the subject thread
leaves me with one overriding impression - that you want to be King.

Getting started helping with the project is not the easiest thing in the
world to do.  (But, it is far from the hardest either.)

I find no basis in fact for your assertions that FL misleads people.
Had I been on the receiving end of many of your remarks, I would have
invited you to stuff your opinions where the sun don't shine.