Error: ... correct GPG keys installed?

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 4 16:56:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:13:53 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Do, den 03.03.2005 schrieb beartooth um 20:43:
>
>> > Please tell us:
>> >
>> > a) which GPG is claimed to be missing b) for which packages from
>> > where (repository) c) output of following single line command: for
>> > key in $(rpm -qa | grep pubkey); do rpm -qi ${key} | head -10; done
>>
>> I'm sorry : I don't know how to get the answers to a) nor b) -- but I
>> did do c) immediately after the things Jim Popovich had suggested --
>> and got this :
>
>  [ snipped ]
>
> rpm --import http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY

I just did that (and should've read all the new posts before asking
essentially that above), got simply the root prompt back -- no messages --
and then tried yum update again. That gave me the usual list of actions
(snipped) and then this :
                         =====
Is this ok [y/N]: y
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 8df56d05
Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg
/var/cache/yum/fedora-stable/packages/perl-DateManip-5.42-0.fdr.2.a.1.noarch.rpm
Error: You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
 /var/cache/yum/fedora-stable/packages/perl-DateManip-5.42-0.fdr.2.a.1.noarch.rpm
Error: You may also check that you have the correct GPG keys installed
[root at localhost root]#
                         =====
Btw, I have many times tried both running yum clean and removing whichever
file got objected to, upon getting these messages, and never had either
make it work.

Perhaps I should mention, or remind people, that the yum.conf file I have
goes to several repos. Dunno if that's relevant or not. Will it help, for
instance, if I post all the URLs it contains?

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1 & YDL 4.0