Re: how to get started with helping the project [...]

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 01:10:12AM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:28:46PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Actually, I'm not convinced posting to bugtraq is worthwhile. It's just
> increasing the noise levels on that list, and people seem to be posting
> directly to it less as far as vendor security updates goes; maybe we
> should follow suit.

Agreed. The vendor announcement flooding of the Linux/BSD distros
are really just noise, as those are normally only a reaction to another
advisory. Users of a distro should subscribe to their specific
announcement list.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr cluenet de -- dr IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0