Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: spamassassin

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Mar 7 12:24:21 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> I understand very well reasons for "only fixes" policy but there are
> situations where this becomes too rigid or unsustainable.  OTOH
> "holding a dam" has clear merits but it also may cause a waste of
> scarce resources.  No, I do not have clearcut answers which would
> be applicable on every occasion.

spamassassin 2.64 is better than no spamassassin.

update from 2.64 to 3.02 is non-trivial (requires user
reconfiguration, depending on the settings used) and we shouldn't do
that, IMHO.

(FWIW, I have no problem in general with bumping up the versions, but
I don't think we can do that when we know it's going to break the
configs of our users..)