mysql-server

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 29 22:56:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 14:30 -0600, Pettit, Paul wrote:
> Well yeah maybe if they relate to other apps (or other apps rely on
> them) but where does that figure into the mySQL crash after update?
> Simply put it doesn't, the package updated fine, didn't break anything,
> and failed to reboot on it's own. This happened on a holiday thus
> compounding the problem for a (unlucky) few. It's not biterness but
> concern for future updates and the haphazard way they are being put out.
> But if I'm the only one worried then ... meh. I'll live and I'm sure the
> world won't end if this is pushed aside.

Although I'm sorry it happened to you on a weekend, I don't think we'll
be changing our release schedule. We actually released the mysql update
on a Thursday.

I do consider mysql not restarting itself a bug though. Could you (or
somebody else on this list) please enter it in bugzilla at
bugzilla.redhat.com under Fedora Legacy. There are more mysql updates
coming up soon and I would like to fix the restart issue before they
come out as I personally think automatic yum updates should work
properly.

Thanks,

Marc.