mysql-server

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Mar 30 01:37:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:36:49PM -0800, Kelson wrote:
> >That is a bug in the RPM %post scriptlet.  It should not be running
> >"chkconfig --add" unless this is the first instance of a package
> >install, not an upgrade.
>
> A known bug, or just something I ran into switching between the "mysql"
> and "MySQL" packages?

I don't know.  I didn't look at the packages.  I just know from your
description of the behavior what is most likely happening.  User
customizations of service runlevels using "chkconfig --level abc
on/off" should stick across upgrades.  "chkconfig --add" would wipe
those changes out, going back to the defaults specified in the
initscript's chkconfig: line.  That's why that command shouldn't be
running on upgrades.