Re: Fedora Legacy shutting down

On Saturday 30 December 2006 05:32, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
> I'd like to mirror the legacy tree (at least the FC2, FC3 and FC4
> part of it) to a local server, but 'rsync download.fedoralegacy.org
> legacy' tells me I cannot mirror the tree as I'm not an official
> mirror. http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/mirror-form.php tells me
> mirror registration is disabled. Is there a quick way to get those
> files? I'd rather not download them one by one and I might want to
> use a couple of those rpms before I have completed migrating my EOL'd
> Fedora servers.

If you read the message more carefully you'll see that you aren't being denied
access, only that mirrors have a special port to use that should the load
become too high only the mirrors would get access.  You're perfectly capable
of rsyncing all the content you want.

Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora