Contributor License Agreement (CLA)?, Re: Wiki page updated

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Jan 21 08:12:38 UTC 2006

Hi

> Fedora Foundation does not mention anything about that. It has no say
> or control over who provides support services for Fedora as far as I
> know. The foundation is a overall management and delegation authority.
> It can bless, reject existing or proposed Fedora Projects or choose to
> shutdown stale projects or entities within Fedora as a extreme
> measure.  It does not micro manage any of the sub projects including
> legacy beyond that level.

I will add to this since it was asked to me off list.

What does the presence of foundation mean for the legacy project?

Generally you dont have to worry about the foundation other than
potentially funding. The foundation has accepted this project as a
formal one and the legal as well as management practices will  in
general codify existing practices in this project rather than requiring
to change to fit in some rigid structure however there are some
potential changes like the CLA which might be projected for everyone's
benefit and for the management to be streamlined across various Fedora
Projects.

--
Rahul

Ps: It would be helpful if people can ask questions in the list itself.   I dont want to repeat answers individually for everyone.