yum -- Repodata in os directories?

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Sat Jan 21 23:18:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Fedora
Legacy maintains "repodata" in its directories so that users who have
upgraded their yum program to version 2.2+ can still use yum for updating
their systems or installing software they hadn't previously installed?

Problem is, there are no repodata subdirectories in any of the os
directories off of download.fedoralegacy.org (e.g., /fedora/3/os/i386/,
/fedora/3/os/SRPMS/).

With our repository set up this way, will users who have switched to using
versions of yum >= version 2.2 still be able to download original distro
files?  That is, will a FC3 user using yum-2.2.2-0.fc3 who never installed,
say, epic, be able to successfully run

    # yum install epic

??
	-David