Status of bugs in the queue ...

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Wed Jun 21 06:33:47 UTC 2006

It has been some time since there has been any action on any of the items
in the work queue that Pekka Savola thoughtfully keeps up to date for
us at <http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist.html> and other lists for
specific distros at <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/QATesting#issues>.

Would anybody like to set up a time or some times to get together on IRC
[2] for an hour or two, so we can work on items that we've taken on and be
there for one another if we get stuck somehow?

By the way, Jesse, with the formal departure of Dominic Hargreaves, who
all do we have now on the build team?

Here is the status of being-worked-on bugs at the moment:

   Bug 189672 - Thunderbird - FC3 pkg. waiting since 6/14 to be released
			      to updates.

   Bug 151640 - lesstif     - waiting since 6/06 -> updates-testing

   Bug 189826 - freeradius  - pending since 5/12 due to build problems
			      in mock for x86_64 FC3 (see comments 5,6)
			      All other arch's seemed to build okay.
			      We may need more help to figure why it
			      won't build.
		http://turbosphere.fedoralegacy.org/build/job.psp?uid=112

   Bug 191571 - ethereal    - pending since 6/18 ... (1) needing discussion
			      on how to handle a new feature in the
			      sources for which there is no library in
			      the distro (see comment #6); (2) build
			      problem for x86_64 FC3 also.
		http://turbosphere.fedoralegacy.org/build/job.psp?uid=149

   Bug 195418 - sendmail    - awaiting PUBLISH vote(s) before it can be
                              pushed to updates-testing.

   Bug 193843 - mailman     - NEEDSWORK, and I've been (slowly!) working
			      on it.  Needs .src.rpm pkgs for rhl73, rhl9,
			      fc1, fc2, fc3.  Multiple bugs.

   Bug 180057 - kdebase     - NEEDSWORK; Jeff Sheltren indicated that he
                              would take on this bug a week or two ago.

   Bug 175040 - php         - NEEDSWORK; new packages need to be proposed
			      to catch bugs that may not have been caught
			      before.  Marc Deslauriers has indicated he
			      would roll new packages.

   Bunches -                - of other bugs Need Work done on them.

   Other bunches - 	    - There may be a bunch of bugs that have been
			      reported fixed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
			      on the Enterprise Watch List[1] over the past
			      1-2 months that may not have Bugzilla tickets
			      yet.

Perhaps we can have a "bug day" some time soon where a number of us get
together on our IRC channel[2] and enter new bugs or do some work (like
finding patches &c on some already-opened bugs).

I expect to hear some responses to this email, and want to see some hands
raised saying, "Yes, I'll help!"  C'mon, guys.  This project is not going
to be able to justify its existence unless the work gets done!  If the
best we can to is accumulate bug reports and get nothing done on them,
then we might as well not exist as a project.

So pitch in!

	Regards,

	David Eisenstein

-----
footnotes:

[1] Enterprise Watch List archive at
    <http://www.redhat.com/archives/enterprise-watch-list/>.

[2] Our IRC channel.  Details available at:
    <http://fedoralegacy.org/about/irc.php>.