Rebuild exisitng errata for x86_64?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Mar 4 05:30:03 UTC 2006

> The way I see it, Fedora Extras and Core already have access to PPC
> systems and Legacy is meanwhile waiting for hardware donations. If we
> share the infrastructure and we are well integrated, that shouldnt be
> happening. This is not about shoving anything but tapping into the
> resources available till we can separate it more in the future if thats
> desirable.

This 'donation' could come from Red Hat, much like the Extras systems
came from Red Hat.  The thing is we want separation now, so rather than
get settled into a system and then move out later, we'd rather do it
right to begin with.  Some of the resources can be shared, such as a
repo of all the Fedora packages to pull from on a high speed link.  So
think of it as adding a couple more systems into the existing
infrastructure and just tagging them for use by Legacy.