X-Chat 2.4.0 to 2.6

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Wed Mar 8 17:12:46 UTC 2006

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net wrote:
> Not 1 of all the FC3 repo's providing a new version. I use RH since 5.0. But
> sinds Fedora i dislike it more and more.
>
> Are there here people that wants create a *real* legacy-updates repo for NEW
> versions?

If you want new versions of Fedora's applications, you should upgrade to
a newer version of Fedora Core.  In this case, it looks like FC4 still
uses X-Chat 2.4, but FC5 (which includes X-Chat 2.6.0) is due later this
month.

That has *always* been the usual way to update built-in apps with Linux:
either update them manually, or wait until you get the next version of
the OS.  It's been like that at least as far back as Red Hat 5, and
probably earlier.

--
Kelson Vibber