apt sources.list

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 20 15:15:26 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 03:19, Dag Wieers wrote:
> I guess it should. But it requires the fedora legacy project to create
> empty repositories in advance as I'm not interested in updating the apt
> package whenever a fedora release is phased out.
>
> I'm including the fedora legacy project in this mail to see if they can
> provide empty repositories in advance so they can be included at all
> times.

I'm toying w/ the idea of dropping apt support as of FC3.  With the start of
multiple arches and with apt not being included in Fedora (but yum is), I'd
rather not deal with the long long metadata generation time, the hassle of
providing apt packages for each release and the nasty symlink tree I have to
create to be able to support it.  Apt metadata creation will continue to
happen for the older RHL releases, and Fedoras up to 2 I do believe, but from
3 on, I'd rather use the native updating tools provided with Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora